- Department: Maritime Defence
- Job Location: Barnstaple
- Reports to: Product Support Portfolio Manager
- Type: Permanent
Do you have experience of project management within a manufacturing environment? Are you looking to broaden your experience?
We have an excellent opportunity for a Project Manager to join SEA working closely with our engineers and production teams.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Manage bids, projects, tasks and work packages taking responsibility for the outcomes, budget, quality and timescales.
- Understand and communicate the basis of the work, including the overall aims of the project, strategy and high level success criteria.
- Supporting continual improvement within projects and work packages, gathering lessons and reducing waste. Ensuring personal continued professional and competence development.
- Work with different teams and individuals, with a clear understanding of roles and responsibilities within the project and wider business environment.
- Understand and operate according to best practice within project and team management guidelines and processes.
- Continually develop an understanding of the products and services that the business is delivering.
- Knowledge of project management techniques including:
- Project Definition / Planning
- Project Execution (Monitoring and control)
- Administration, reporting and metrics
- Stakeholder and Team management
- Risk and Opportunity management
- Knowledge of a project management frame work such as APM or PRINCE2
- Experience of working within manufacturing
- Awareness of systems engineering principles, requirements and lifecycles.
- Experience of operating within a defence engineering business.
- Experience using MRP / ERP systems.
- Knowledge of production planning and processes
- Experience working with customers and partners such as the MoD, defence primes or similar would be an advantage
- Clear and confident communicator
- Professional presentation and attitude
- Able to handle customers effectively, build relationships and act as a suitable external representative of the business.
- Collaborative approach and strong team working skills
- Ability to lead and form teams
- Ability to make decisions and communicate priorities
- Strong problem solving skills