An exciting opportunity has arisen for a focussed and accurate individual to join a dynamic and busy Finance team on a fixed term contract of one year. The Financial Control Assistant position will include managing the local nominal ledger, financial calendars and financial reporting systems. Cash and VAT management will play a key role alongside the completion of statutory returns, balance sheet reconciliations and assistance with the year end audit.
Duties & Responsibilities will include
- Consolidation and preparation of data required for the monthly accounts.
- Management of overheads and Balance Sheet control accounts.
- Assistance in preparation of year end accounts and collating the requirements for Auditors.
- Nominal ledger and financial calendar management
- Responsibility for the maintenance and mapping of the financial reporting system
- Management of the system year end roll over routine
- Likely involvement in the implementation of a new business system
- Preparation of Tax Pack at year end
- Nominal inventory management
- Daily cashbook and cash flow updates
- Preparation and submission of weekly cash flow forecasts
- Ability to prepare and transmit ad hoc electronic payments
- Credit card reconciliation and processing.
- Update and reconciliation of the Fixed Asset Register.
- Preparation and online submission of Company VAT returns.
- Completion of Office of National Statistics forms.
The ideal candidate will have solid experience of processing monthly accounts to trial balance with a high level of accuracy. Strong Excel skills are essential with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office and ERP system use being an advantage. A good level of double accounting will be required and any candidate must have experience of reconciliation management. A candidate at least part qualified in Accountancy would be preferable.
Salary £30k pa + Benefits
This is a 1 year Fixed Term Contract with the potential to develop into a permanent position
Job Added: 18 April 2017
View all current vacancies at SEA
To apply for this position please email:
Don't forget to attach your CV and include 'Financial Control Assistant ( 1 year Fixed Term)' as the email subject