- Department: Software Solutions & Products
- Job Location: Bristol
- Reports to: Head of Technical Advice & Support
- Type: Permanent
Technical Advice & Support (TAS) is one of several business teams operating within SEA’s Software Solutions & Products (SSP) Division. It provides short to medium term technical expertise to the Defence & Security markets, working with a range of defence companies and the MOD. One of TAS’ major branches is Air Systems, which delivers Airworthiness and Regulatory support to DE&S, a number of Defence Primes and oversea clients. TAS now requires a Principal Engineer to take the lead for all Airworthiness, Certification and Regulatory projects.
Your main task will be to provide Airworthiness and Regulatory engineering expertise to support the delivery of a number of critical projects. This requires the application of systems engineering and Air domain expertise to:
- Act as:
- SEA’s Air Systems Technical Advisor
- Technical Lead for Airworthiness and Regulatory Areas in Air Systems.
- Lead delivery of technical outputs in airworthiness and regulatory contracts in the Air Domain.
- Manage the SQEP process for Air Systems employees and associates.
This is a great opportunity which will require you to:
- Have the aptitude and enthusiasm to play a supporting role in developing the Air Systems Business Area. Strong communication skills, written, oral and presentational are required.
- Have strong customer/stakeholder relationship management skills, with the ability to operate credibly at one star/Director level.
- Have an ability to use own initiative and be capable of hands on problem-solving, with the ability to generate ideas and solutions.
- Be extremely well organised and with the ability to prioritise tasks effectively.
- Be effective and experienced people manager, with the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team using excellent leadership and communications skills.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of financial management.
You will be expected to have:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Military Airworthiness Regulation and aircraft certification.
- Proven recent Air domain experience, preferably within the UK MOD.
- Significant Defence sector experience.
- Knowledge of business practices in the UK MOD.
- Be computer literate – an experienced user of MS Windows and MS Office products, particularly Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Internet Explorer.
- Have an Engineering-related degree.
You will ideally have:
- An additional (2nd) degree in an associated subject will be highly advantageous.
- Experience of the UK Armed Forces as an Aircraft Engineer.
- Understanding of the Civil Air Regulatory domain.
- Business planning experience.
- Defence consultancy experience.
- Previous experience of MOD Procurement practices.
- Experience of large/complex projects – including negotiation of terms, managing teams.
- Project Management experience would be highly desirable
Interested in this role?
Please send your CV and covering letter to: