- Department: Software Solutions & Products
- Job Location: Bristol
- Reports to: Principal Engineer Air Systems
- Type: Permanent
SEA has a growing Air Systems business and an exciting opportunity has arisen to work across a wide range of aviation-centred projects, predominantly with the UK MoD. The successful candidate will have good experience post-graduation of delivering engineering projects or activities and working with diverse stakeholders, building relationships and impressing with technical excellence.
Supporting the Air Systems Principal Engineer, you will be engaged predominantly in airworthiness activities and safety critical type work across the DE&S Air Domain. The role will require not only technical excellence and a thirst for timely delivery of targets, but also an ability to build relationships across the whole spectrum of stakeholders.
The initial focus of this position will be to support projects in the DE&S Air Domain, supporting work on certification, qualification and regulatory compliance, spending time at MoD and other contractor sites. An ability to identify opportunities to develop the business and build partnerships with other suppliers will be a key focus, as will project management of the delivery of assigned tasks. A high degree of IT literacy will be required and knowledge of databases and safety case management would be advantageous. You will also be expected to support the Principal Engineer on other projects and initiatives as well as demonstrate good project management and commercial skills, coupled with financial acumen.
This is a hands-on role demanding a self-starting ethos, attention to detail and an ability to remain flexible. The demands are high but there is an opportunity to work with high quality and experienced engineers in a growing business at the centre of exciting developments in the Defence aviation sector and beyond.
You will have:
- A proven track record in a technical role within safety critical environments, ideally related to aviation certification and qualification activity.
- Excellent communication skills
- An ability to interact directly with stakeholders and clients to build relationships is fundamental to this role
- An engineering degree and be a Chartered Engineer
- A project management qualification is highly desirable.
INTERESTED IN THIS ROLE?
Send your CV and covering letter to: