- Department: Engineering
- Job Location: Aberdeen
- Reports to: Divisional Director
- Type: Permanent
We require and experienced business development manager, with a strong knowledge of the subsea production controls market to help grow our division to realise its full potential. The market dynamics have changed since the oil price crash and we are well positioned to monopolise on these market changes. A new type of oil company needs a new type of support company.
The role of the Business Development Manager is to develop both longer-term strategic markets and day-to-day sales in existing markets. You will be a key member of the management team within the Aberdeen office. You will lead the sales team.
You will also:
- Develop relationships and business with existing and new customers, predominantly around Aberdeen but across the UK. Our strategy is to grow the business internationally so this aspect will develop within the first two years
- Formulate sales strategy with the Subsea Engineering Director including new product, service, and market definition
- Work with the marketing team to develop a marketing strategy and execution plan, including media, social media, conferences, and exhibitions
- Be responsible for order input, managing the enquiry and bid process, and ensuring the quality of tenders that we submit
- Collaborate with the Engineering Manager for technical input to bids and proposals, and with engineers to develop wider opportunities within existing accounts
You will have a strong understanding of subsea control systems, ideally having worked for a controls company. You will have excellent interpersonal skills, with the confidence and ability to deal with clients at all levels of seniority. You will be an articulate, confident communicator and presenter, with excellent commercial knowledge able to analyse market data and identify new opportunities.