- Department: Maritime Defence
- Job Location:
- Reports to: Business Development Director (UK and Europe)
- Type: Permanent
SEA is keen to recruit an experienced and energetic Business Development Manager (BDM) to help deliver our ambitious growth strategy in the UK and across Europe. If you are focussed on the latest technology complex maritime defence systems, experienced in systems engineering, BD or project management, possibly with operational experience, and are looking for a challenge, please get in touch.
This role can be based at our offices in either Barnstaple, Beckington or Bristol.
Your key responsibility will be to build strong relationships with UK and European navies, ship and submarine builders to establish SEA as a “go to” provider of complex systems and equipment. In addition you will develop close relationships with stakeholders in the broader UK naval market, positioning SEA for research, customer advice and system development opportunities.
You will be aware of naval platform build programmes worldwide and contribute to SEA’s broader strategy to develop its equipment supply business in the export market.
- 10 years, experience in business development or project management
- A successful track record in developing relationships with senior naval staff, prime contractors and system integrators
- Good knowledge of ship or submarine combat systems.
- Systems Engineering knowledge
- A goal orientated, self-starter, able to initiate and develop customer contacts, co-ordinate and lead customer campaigns, generating business opportunities and convert them to orders
- Tenacious and confident
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Naval service would be beneficial
- Experience / knowledge of Project Management