- Department: Research and Technical Support
- Job Location: Bristol
- Reports to: SSIP Asset Safety Lead
- Type: Fixed Term
SEA require a dynamic, motivated Database Management Engineer with practical experience of developing web pages and a sound knowledge of web technologies. You will work with the Submarine Support Management Group to maintain and update their knowledge management system. Knowledge of maritime combat systems would be an advantage.
The role is temporary at present until March 2020 but could develop into permanent work.
You will be responsible for maintaining and updating the knowledge management system maintained by the Submarine Support Management Group (SSMG). They will:
- Author the content of the database, which includes text, diagrams and images.
- Update the structure, content, format and visual styling of the interfacing web pages.
- Test and accept updates from a variety of Defence customers.
- Provide advice and recommendations for making improvements to the knowledge management system.
You will be required to work both individually with little supervision, and also within a team of multi-disciplined specialists and engineering disciplines to achieve programme results and customer deliverables in a timely and accurate manner.
You will have:
- Good written English suitable for technical authoring and publishing.
- Experience of working to ISO 9001:2000 standards.
- Competency in using:
- MS Office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook)
- Image editing software.
Knowledge/experience of the maritime environment will be a considerable bonus.