- Department: Maritime Communications
- Job Location: Beckington
- Reports to: Head of Research
- Type: Permanent
We are looking for a Data Scientist with around 5 years’ experience to join a small team working on a variety of interesting mathematical/numerical modeling, signal processing and data analysis tasks. This will support SEA's research into sonar and the underwater environment.
You will work as part of a small team of data scientists undertaking a variety of tasks relating primarily to sonar and the underwater environment. The work will range from theoretical modelling to experiments and data analysis, and will involve algorithm and software development. The varied nature of the work means that there will be opportunities to apply a range of novel mathematical and data science techniques to problems.
You will support work throughout the project lifecycle, which will include:
- Contributing to technical proposals
- Undertaking exploratory research, mathematical and numerical modelling
- Developing algorithms and associated software in languages such as Python and MATLAB
- Intensive data analysis (large datasets, multidimensional and disparate data)
- Reporting and presentations
To be a success in this role you will:
- Have 5 years’ industrial or academic experience in such areas as:
- mathematical/numerical modelling
- sensor signal processing (e.g. sonar/radar)
- data science,
- Some algorithm and software development experience
- Have experience presenting to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Work equally well on your own and as part of a team
- Skills in Matlab, C++ and Machine learning would be desirable.