- Department: Engineering
- Job Location: Barnstaple
- Reports to: Portfolio Manager
- Type: Permanent
As part of our on-going growth strategy a Principal Systems Engineer is required to join our engineering team. The job holder will combine knowledge and experience in several engineering disciplines to help shape future products and projects. Activities will include all aspects of the Systems Engineering lifecycle from Concept through to Delivery and Acceptance, including Proposal, Design, Qualification and Support.
The role will see the job holder joining a successful engineering company, who have ambitious plans to develop new and technologically challenging markets across the world. The primary location of work will be Barnstaple, North Devon. The job holder will be required to work at SEAs other locations and occasionally from customer and supplier sites.
- Coordination and leading the delivery of systems engineering activities
- Defining system architectures to drive system design
- Working with engineers from all disciplines to develop design specifications using a traceable system engineering methodology
- Support business winning by working closely with our customers and bid teams
- Leading system integration verification and validation activities
- Preparing documentation and presentation material to effectively communicate technical subject matter to audiences at all levels
- Assist in the evaluation of new technology and methods
- Mentoring junior staff to help grow our systems engineering capability
Candidates will require the following demonstrable experience and ability:
- Working through the entire engineering lifecycle, from requirements decomposition to acceptance.
- Defining systems engineering management plans
- Production of clear and concise technical documentation
- Support to technical proposals
- Planning and execution of technical work packages
- Communicating effectively with customers and colleagues at all levels