- Department: Research and Technical Support
- Job Location: Bristol
- Reports to: Deputy Combat Systems Support Manager
- Type: Permanent
SEA requires a dynamic, motivated, Combat Systems Engineer with a significant background in maritime engineering, preferably with considerable submarine experience.
As Senior Combat Systems Engineer you will work within the Submarine Support Management Group (SSMG) to provide support to the Combat Systems Group; delivering qualified subject matter expert input for Design Changes to the knowledge management system.
Knowledge of maritime combat systems is essential; knowledge of submarine combat systems is highly desirable. This role is temporary at present, but is likely to develop into permanent work.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing the Combat Systems Engineering Tool (CSET) assisted by a Data Management Engineer, for whom there will be Line Management responsibility
- Producing and maintaining C-DOCS, as well as maintaining appropriate documentation and records in all assigned areas of work
- Providing advice and recommendations for making improvements to CSET
- The provision of Technical Engineering Support to the Combat Systems Group
You will be required to work both individually with little supervision, and also within a team of multi-disciplined specialists and engineering disciplines to achieve programme results and customer deliverables in a timely and accurate manner.
- A naval or maritime background
- Significant experience of working on naval combat systems, preferably in the submarine environment
- Good written English suitable for technical authoring and publishing
- Experience of working to ISO 9001:2000 standards
- The candidate must be a competent user of MS Office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook)
Knowledge in the following areas is desirable:
- Database design and management
- Coding - Java, VBA & HTML
- MOD working practices
- Engineering Design Change