- Department: Engineering
- Job Location: Barnstaple
- Reports to: Portfolio Manager
- Type: Permanent
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager to sit within the Integrated Electronic Systems Division, delivering complex design and development projects and programmes.
The successful candidate will maintain excellent customer relationships and consistently deliver promised business results.
- Be responsible for delivering projects to time, cost and quality
- Be customer, subcontractor and internal point of contact for your projects
- Provide effective leadership of project staff reporting to you including work package managers and their delivery teams
- Provide occasional bid support to business development activities
- Engender excellent team spirit, focused on achievement of common goals
You will be expected to lead in a multi-disciplined engineering and production environment to meet customer expectations whilst satisfying internal business requirements.
- Experience of operating within a defence engineering business
- Clear and confident communicator
- Professional presentation and attitude
- Able to handle customers effectively, build relationships and act as a suitable external representative of the business.
- Collaborative approach and strong team working skills
- Ability to lead and form teams
- Ability to make decisions and communicate priorities
- Strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge of project management techniques including:
- Project Definition / Planning
- Project Execution (Monitoring and control)
- Administration, reporting and metrics
- Stakeholder and Team management
- Risk and Opportunity management
- Experience of managing Design and Development projects, using systems engineering principles, requirements management and lifecycles
- Experience working with customers and partners such as the MoD, defence primes or similar
- Knowledge of a project management framework such as APM or PRINCE2
- Experience using MRP / ERP systems
- Knowledge of production planning and processes