- Department: Software Solutions & Products
- Job Location: Bristol
- Reports to: Managing Director
- Type: Permanent
SEA is looking for a Business Director to lead its Bristol based SSP Division. The Division primarily delivers and supports software intensive systems to the Defence and Transport markets in the UK and overseas. It has seen strong growth over recent years and has significant potential for further growth. The ideal candidate will have experience in delivering software intensive systems and will have led a division or business group turning over in excess of £10m. Knowledge of the training and simulation and/or transport infrastructure market would be preferred.
The Key Result Areas for this role will be:
- Definition and execution of the strategy for the division
- Winning new business
- Ensuring the customers of the division are delighted with the service and support they receive from SEA.
- Executing projects to ensure they are delivered on time, to budget and meet the customers’ expectations
- Ensuring their projects provide an accurate forecast of the resources they will require.
- Working with the Engineering Director to ensure that appropriate resources are allocated to the projects in their division
- Ensuring that suitable Project Managers are allocated to the management of their projects
- Ensuring that their projects are properly planned and managed
- Managing the Transport Businesses development within the UK and overseas, ensuring that it represents all of SEA business
- Line management of the staff allocated to the division
The role holder would be expected to have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Have at least 5 years of managing a complex business or division, delivering software intensive systems, with a turnover of greater than £10m.
- An in depth understanding of the Transport market.
- Ability to network positively with staff from all levels and departments;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Commercial, business and financial knowledge;
- Flexibility to respond to changing business needs.
Friday, 1st September 2017