- Department: Complex Systems
- Job Location: Bristol
- Reports to: Transport System Development Portfolio Manager
- Type: Permanent
SEA is seeking to employ a motivated person to lead a team that is developing features for our new ROADflow Fusion traffic enforcement product. You will influence the choice of modern software technologies and architectures that are used, and manage their deployment in an agile development environment.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Design software architectures and communicate them to the team
- Plan, estimate and monitor the team’s work using agile methodologies and communicate these to the project manager
- Provide technical direction to the team, mentoring junior members and conducting design and code reviews
- Devise and implement development process improvements
- Contribute to the complete development lifecycle by working closely and effectively with our test and user support teams.
The role is ideal for those who take an active interest in evolving development methodologies, and are able to communicate that enthusiasm to their team.
- Eight or more years’ experience of C# .NET development, ideally in a product-based environment as part of a small team
- Two or more years’ experience of software architectural design, ideally using UML
- One or more years’ experience of leading a small software development team, ideally in an agile process