DECKsim is an immersive, high-fidelity, 3D virtual environment for students of flight deck and land-based airfield operations.
Designed to keep instructor ‘simulator driving’ workload to a minimum, the DECKsim trainer environment enables firm focus on the procedural and cognitive skills transfer aspects of every training session. Each DECKsim training session is easily configurable by an instructor to incorporate any desired combination of airfield and ship decks, aircraft, aircraft circuit waypoints and standard or emergency procedures.
DECKsim can be configured to interface with existing full motion simulators, offering the potential for collective training interactions with real student pilots. Additional training realism can be incorporated using emulations of airfield and flight deck equipment where interactions benefit training, for example; by giving the student control of simulated flight, deck lights and indicators or the use of communications equipment.
DECKsim can be provided in a variety of hardware configurations, including a 2-man portable version and several display variants.
Options also include gesture recognition to further reduce instructor workload. The result is a comprehensive and cost-effective training system that delivers considerable safety benefits, by allowing student skill levels to be developed to near-operational standards in advanced of exposure to live aircraft.
- High-fidelity graphics
- Integrated Gesture Recognition
- Reduced flight hours
- Real helicopter and platform audio
- Internationally recognised procedures and scenarios
- Switchable viewpoints
- Custom scenario generation
- Auto-pilot or manual aircraft control
- Platform and aircraft specific equipment emulation
- Scenario and student video capture playback/debrief
- Adaptable to specific customer requirements
- Simulation of safety critical aircraft operations
- Training for airborne and ground phases of aircraft launch and recovery operations
- Fully configurable scenarios and simple controls minimise instructor workload
- Student debriefing facility
- Fixed and portable variants with multiple display options
- Cost-effectiveness through reduced live aircraft training hours
- Future-proofed and extendable by the use of commercial off-the-shelf hardware technology