The awards won by SEA were:
Silver Award: Maritime Bid Team - The details of the project that won this award are classified, but members of our Maritime Bid team worked tirelessly over several years to overcome the challenges of an international bid, and went above and beyond to ensure we were successful. The future of this project will highlight and secure our growing international defence footprint.
Bronze Award: NSIPS Team - The current SEA NSIPS project team took over the contract in 2018 during a difficult period of the contract. Since, the NSIPS project team has become well established and is now one of the MCS top performing programmes. The NSIPS team have recently won the NSIPS Phase 3 contract extension for a further 3 years with an additional 2-year options.
Highly Commended: Barnstaple Production Team - Our manufacturing site in Barnstaple remained functional during the first Covid-19 lock down. The team recognised for this award were monumental in ensuring our production was maintained to a high standard, whilst under the pressure of a global pandemic. Some of the team also assisted the development and manufacture of medical face shields, which were donated to local hospitals and medical facilities.
Highly Commended: SUBS Team - We have recently instated a new business system and the individuals recognised for this award were pivotal in ensuring its success. Since inception, the team have continued to grow and improve the system to meet the ever-changing requirements of the business.
Business excellence means working in a way that leads to an excellent outcome for the business such as:
- Achieving success in challenging circumstances
- Going significantly beyond what is expected
- Performing your role more effectively by doing it in a new way
- Creating new products to meet customers’ needs
- Increasing business effectiveness and efficiencies through innovation
- Finding a way to achieve more output for less cost
- Winning or delivering important new business
For 2020, Cohort also recognised achievement that reflects the Cohort Group Values:
- We believe in playing our part
- We believe in being results driven
- We believe in independent thinking